The Primary classroom is one of wonder and discovery. Children age 3 to 6 work individually and in groups in a stimulating environment. The
multi-aged classroom helps unify the social, physical, and academic functioning of the child. Half-day class is from 8:20 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Children
enrolled as Primary All Day students have opportunities for additional academic work, science experiments, and creative expression following lunch
until 2:30 p.m.
Our primary curriculum offers the following:
- Math materials allow children to experience abstract math concepts in a more concrete way. Hands-on independent work using a wide variety
of colorful materials helps children learn the concepts of numbers, symbols, operations, basic facts, and geometry.
- Classifying items by their characteristics helps to develop patterns for organizing information in young minds.
- Language enhancement exercises promote oral language development, writing, reading, grammar, creative dramatics, and children’s literature.
- Children experience a wide variety of materials and activities to study history, geography, science, music, art, and physical education.
- Activities encourage care of self and of the classroom, grace, and social courtesy. The children learn the valuable skill of working peacefully with others.
Contact the Primary
Primary B Director
Primary C Director